Blood is something we all expect to be there for us when we need it. Many people would not be alive today if it wasn't for the generosity of our donors. Do something amazing...Give Blood!
Pärnu Hospitals Blood Service awaits you on Metsa 1
Mon, Wed, Fri 08.00-13.00
Tue, Thu 13.00-16.00
phone (+372) 447 3263
register office (+372) 447 3253 (only on opening hours)
In Pärnu hospitals Blood service you may also become a bone marrow donor. Join and save a life!
You may also join with our fan page Doonorid ja Sõbrad (Donors and Friends) on Facebook
We are proud to say that 27 donors of Pärnu County have been awarded with order or medal of Estonian Red Cross. Please meet donors with honor
You can give blood if you:
- are fit, healthy and not suffering from a cold, flu or other illness at the time of donation or in the previous 7 days
- are aged between 18-65 years
- weigh more than 50kg
Preparing yourself to give blood:
- On the day of donation and the evening before, ensure you drink plenty of fluids. However, it is essential to avoid alcohol as this will considerably affect hydration and delay recovery.
- Eat something in the 3 hours before donating. Normal regular meals prior to donating are necessary for maintaining blood sugars and ward off lightheadedness.
- A good night's sleep the evening before is beneficial to well-being and recovery.
- Eligibility criteria to donate may vary so know your medical, body piercing and travel history to avoid any unnecessary delays.
- Please bring at least one form of photo identification (passport/ ID card/driving licence).