Here you will find important information about what you need to bring along when coming in to Parnu Hospital.
- Admission of the in-patient in Ristiku st 1 main building on workdays Mon - Fri 07.30 - 15.30.
- There is no admission on Saturdays.
- On Sundays admission of in-patients takes place through emergency medical care department from 13.00 - 16.00, if there are no other agreements between a doctor and a patient.
- Admission of children is around the clock.
- Assistant of planned admission Maaja Reier, ph. (+372) 447 3398, maaja.reier[at]ph.ee
Reminder for people arriving for surgery:
- Person arriving for surgery with anaesthesia must be previously without eating and drinking for six hours and may not smoke or chew gum.
- Patient may not drive a car after a daily in-patient surgery.
- Person may not use blood-fluidifying medicine (aspirin etc.) at least 10 days prior to coming to the hospital.
- Person may not have menstruation, cold (running nose, coughing, temperature), or acute dermatitis. If that is the case, please call the department and make a new appointment for the surgery.
- Phone connection: it is not recommended to use mobile phones in the wards.
- Patients are generally discharged from the hospital until 12 a.m.
If for any reason you cannot come to hospital on schedule day, please inform us 3 days prior to the planned hospitalization date (+372) 4473 398
Please bring along the following:
- Referral by family physician or a medical specialist.
- Passport or ID-card.
- Valid Health Insurance Card.
- Data about previous medical inquiries and analyses.
- Any medicines or tablets you are taking (in their original boxes or containers), including homeopathic medicines, vitamins and herbal remedies so staff will know what you are taking.
It is also advisable to bring along:
- Pajamas or a nightdress.
- Dressing gown and slippers.
- Daywear – tracksuit or comfortable clothes.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Soap and deodorant.
- Hairbrush or comb and small mirror.
- Shaving equipment (if appropriate).
- Sanitary products such as tampons (if appropriate).
- A book or magazines.
- Spectacles and hearing-aid batteries, if you need them.
- Small change.
- Any walking aids you may already have (frame, stick, crutches) if you need them.
Please do not take along large amount of money, jewels etc. If, by any case, you have jewels, money, documents with you, please give them for hold in strongbox at the elder nurse's Office.
Some useful tips:
- Patient’s clothes are stored in closets in their rooms.
- On the ground floor there is a cafeteria (Mon-Fri 09.00-16.00 and Sat-Sun and on national holidays 10.00-14.00) as on the hospitalization day patient receives only one meal, a dinner.
- ATM machine is located on near the main entrance, ground floor
- Renting a television set: Every in-patient patient has the opportunity to rent a TV set that costs 2 EUR per 24 hours.
Visiting the patients
Visiting hours are Mon-Fri 12.00-19.00, Sat-Sun 10.00-19.00. Visitors are asked leave their coats to the coatroom and they should wear plastic slippers (possible to buy from coatroom)